Monday, June 30, 2008

Searching for British Open Players

This year's British Open will take place on Sunday, July 13th at Burr Oak Golf Course (Parma, MI). This tournament always seems to have the worst turnout as it falls during the peak of vacation season. Remember, we need a minimum of 8 players to make it official.

I've been informed that golf will only cost $31 and there's a chance that coupons can make the day even cheaper.

If you are on the fence, let us know what works best for you. Perhaps we can get creative with the tee times.

Let us know if you can make it--could be huge day for Ryder Cup and President's Cup points.

21 comments:

Bush said...

Confirmed:

Lefere, Ryan
Lefere, Jude
Bissot, Casey
Wilson, Marc
Nguey, Johnny

Bush said...

Please disregard the type-o on Johnny's name. Let the record show that I was not trying to call him "Nuggie."

Anonymous said...

We have 3 seperate tee times setup for July 13th at Burr Oak Golf Course, starting at 12:03pm.

Golf will be $21.00 (18 holes with cart).

Directions: I-94 to Parma Rd Exit, turn right onto Parma Rd, approx 1 mile on the right.

Updated Confirmed List :
(As of 06/30/08)
1. R. Lefere
2. S. Bush
3. J. Lefere
4. C. Lefere
5. M. Wilson
6. J. Nguyen
7. C. Bissot

Maybe:
1. A. McCann
2. C. Blust
3. N. Davis

Out:
1. P. Branigan
2. T. Georgen
3. A. Isaac
4. J. Richardson

No Word:
1. N. Gilpin
2. A. Ludwig
3. A. Madden
4. B. Wrozek
5. J. Brietzke
6. C. Jors
7. A. Dinello

Paul said...

Good luck everyone







except Jude. He doesn't need luck, he has the heart of a lion and balls of a champion.

Bush said...

Wrozek is in, if we get Ludwig--that will make 11.

CBlust said...

Count me in. I can't pass up $21 golf.

Bush said...

I was hoping we could get a commitment from Player of the Year candidate Chris Blust.

In case you haven't noticed, check out the current Ryder Cup standings:

Nick Davis 16
Chris Blust 12.5
Ryan Lefere 8.5
Marc Wilson 7
Johnny Nguyen 6.5
Tim Goergen 6
Steve Bush 4.5
Nick Gilpin 3.5
Paul Braningan 3.5
Aaron Ludwig 3
Jude Lefere 1


Ry--we might need a 4th tee time.
(Ryan, Jude, Casey, Marc, Johnny, Steve, Corey, Tim, Bobby, Chris)
Maybe--Davis, Gilpin, Ludwig, Madden, McCann
Could actually be a decent turnout.

Anonymous said...

we now have a 4th tee time: 1st tee off at 12:03pm

Updated Confirmed List :
(As of 07/02/08)
1. R. Lefere
2. S. Bush
3. J. Lefere
4. C. Lefere
5. M. Wilson
6. J. Nguyen
7. C. Bissot
8. T. Goergen
9. C. Blust
10. B. Wrozek

Maybe:
1. A. McCann
2. N. Davis

Out:
1. P. Branigan
2. A. Isaac
3. J. Richardson
4. C. Jors
5. J. Brietzke

No Word:
1. N. Gilpin
2. A. Ludwig
3. A. Madden
4. A. Dinello

Anonymous said...

word

Anonymous said...

I am going to be a last minute decision. I'm driving back from ohio. I'm gonna leave by 8 so if i'm on track to make it i'll be there.

Nick Gilpin said...

I'm PROBABLY in...but will make a gameday decision depending on how the night before treats me.

"I'm so sick of playing majors hungover."
--John Daly

Anonymous said...

IN

Anonymous said...

Updated Confirmed List :
(As of 07/08/08
1. R. Lefere
2. S. Bush
3. J. Lefere
4. C. Lefere
5. M. Wilson
6. J. Nguyen
7. C. Bissot
8. T. Goergen
9. C. Blust
10. B. Wrozek
11. A. McCann
12. A. Ludwig

Maybe:
1. N. Davis
2. N. Gilpin

Out:
1. P. Branigan
2. A. Isaac
3. J. Richardson
4. C. Jors
5. J. Brietzke

No Word:
1. A. Madden
2. A. Dinello

CBlust said...

I believe Madden is in. Possibly Gilly too.

Not a bad turnout.

Anonymous said...

Do you believe in life after love?

Anonymous said...

Who would post a Cher lyric? My guess: Mike Willsin.

Anonymous said...

well we know one thing...
it wasn't sonny!

Anonymous said...

It was not me. But "If I could turn back time" I would write that lyric for you Thomn.

Anonymous said...

I got you babe.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Willy.

CBlust said...

'Thomn'!