It seems like every time I watch golf on TV, a player's handicap is mentioned. I've always tried to guess my handicap, but I've never actually taken the time to figure it out. As it turns out, my handicap is actually a lot lower than I anticipated.
A USGA Handicap Index is a numeral, to one decimal place, that represents a golfer's potential for scoring. A handicap index of 14.5, for example, indicates that a golfer will, on his or her best days, shoot somewhere around 14 or 15 strokes over par.
Handicap Index is not an average of a golfer's scores, but rather an estimate of what the golfer might shoot on his or her best days.
If you have a few minutes, you should plug your scores from JTA tournaments into the following web address to get an accurate read of your handicap index.
http://golf.about.com/od/handicaps/l/blhandicapincal.htm
USGA Course Rating and USGA Course Slope from recent majors:
Akers East: 70.3 & 114
Akers West: 74 & 136
Pontiac CC: 71.6 & 125
Brentwood CC: 69.4 & 120
Calderone: 72.1 & 136
Rammler: 70.3 & 125
If you have scores from other courses, I used the following address to find course ratings and slope: http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/course-directory.asp
I know it's not official, but at least now you'll have an idea of what to tell someone if they ask your handicap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
mine is probably like 1 or 2...I dont need to plug it in
...hundred.
Ah, burn.
I think you're confusing me with FES.
My handicap is that i just care too much about you guys :)
man willy, you get married and all of a sudden you got sensitive on us
A few days at Michigan's Adventure will do that to you.
Guys don't use smily faces, especially when talking to other guys.
:)
Post a Comment