Monday, July 23, 2007

Ryder Cup Date, Standings, Debate

Okay Gentlemen, I've talked to a handful of people about the upcoming Ryder Cup, and everyone appears to be on a different page. We have some decisions to make, but before we get there, let me explain the current situation.

The Ryder Cup has been scheduled for Sunday, August 19th. It's been brought to my attention that a few qualifying players will not be able to participate that day.

Here are the current standings:
1. Ryan Lefere 20.5
2. Steven Bush 20
3. Nick Davis 13.5
4. Marc Wilson 12.5
5. Johnny Nguyen 12.5
6. Aaron Ludwig 7.5
7. Jude Lefere 5
8. Chris Blust 4.5
9. Tim Goergen 4.5
10. Paul Branigan 4
11. Andy McCann 3
12. Nick Gilpin .5

In the past, we've had a very difficult time finding a date where all 8 qualified players could participate. Let's face it, at times it's been downright frustrating. Finding common dates amongst such a big group is always going to be difficult. We have had record turn-outs at this year's tournaments largely due to our calendar voting system (which I hope will become even more proactive in the future). I think it's fair to say that a lot of things come up throughout the summer and sometimes the JTA has to take a backseat.

So here's our current dilemma.
1. Do we go on with the Ryder Cup as scheduled, regardless of who can and can't make it (assuming we have 8 qualified players)?
2. Do we find a common date that includes the most qualified players(knowing that someone very well might have to miss the event, but could have made the original)?
3. I don't have any other suggestions, but would love to hear them.

It was mentioned to me that this decision should be made prior to Sunday's tee off. I completely agree. Please chime in with your thoughts as they are all encouraged and appreciated.

14 comments:

Johnny N said...

I am the least busy person on tour and can probably make any other date, but i will vote for the 19th. I think it is only fair to stick with the original date.

I love Cherry Cordials

CBlust said...

It might be a good idea to schedule the date once we know who the 8 qualifying players are...

Anonymous said...

i thought it was originally scheduled for 10th Aug. I believe I can make the 19th. but I need to check with the lady.

Timmy G said...

I agree with Johnny and think it's only fair to stick with the original date.

Boyz II Men, ABC, BBD...mmm...hmmm.

Bobby-Blumpkin said...

I don't qualify at this time but, if the date is kept the 19th and for some unknown reason I win the tournament on Sunday..? Haha. I would be able to play the Aug.19th. I suck. Somebody write their comment BELOW me!

Anonymous said...

Did you just ask someone to blow you?

Bush said...

For what it's worth, here is the link to our calendar voting session.

http://poll.pollcode.com/yJsS_result

Thus, August 19th was selected.

Anonymous said...

I think that as long as we have 8 people qualifying than we should always keep the date the same. the only reason to change it would be if we had to go down the list to non-qualifiers. Otherwise if you can't make it and someone can that has points than the date should stand. .

Anonymous said...

I, Bus, will continue to tell it like it is and outline a situation that will prove once and for all why the Date of August 19, 2007 shall remain the date for the Ryder Cup.

(Names will be changed to protect the identity of those involved)

TJC Ryder Cup
(Troy Jackson Confederation)

Ronny Nguyen currently sits with 12.5 Ryder Cup points and probably stands to qualify for the Ryder Cup after the TJC (Troy Jackson Confederation) Championship.
After this match, the date for the Ryder Cup is changed because Brian Lefere and Rick Davis could not make it.
The new date is set for August 26. But Ronny Nguyen cannot make that date because he has to attend the BiMonSciFiCon(Bi-monthly SciFi convention) in Novi. Even though he planned all season on playing the 19th. But Brian Lefere and Rick Davis, knew it was the 19th all along. They didn't care and scheduled a trip to go camping and visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, respecively. Thus thumbing their noses at the TJC (Troy Jackson Confederation).

Epilogue:

So, the Ryder Cup was rescheduled to August 26, thus allowing Brian Lefere and Rick Davis to play. But leaving out Ronny Nguyen. In his place the TJC (Troy Jackson Confederation) selects Jim Goergen to play in the Ryder Cup, even though he didn't qualify from the beginning.
Ronny Nguyen, incensed at this slight decides to take matters into his own hands. He buys a gun and shoots Brian Lefere and Rick Davis in the kneecaps. Then he goes over the all of the other Ryder Cup qualifiers houses: Cleve Bush, Mike Wilson, Baron Ludwig, Dude Lefere, Jim Goergen, and Jesus Blust all were TP'd. Serving as a warning to all. "Nobody fucks with Ronny Nguyen!" said Ronny Nguyen.


I think that story illustrates exactly why the date of the Ryder Cup shall remain the same.

Anonymous said...

Mini-van, you are the man!

CBlust said...

Davis - Please learn the correct use of Then vs Than...

Johnny N said...

MINI VAN!!!!!

Nick Gilpin said...

It doesn't matter to me because I'll have a hard enough time qualifying as is!

Anonymous said...

If its the 19th, i'm out. I'll be coming back from cleveland that day b/c of a wedding. didn't think we were staying the night but now we are.