We are less than a month away from the US Open and we don't have all of our ducks in a row.
In an e-mail conversation, I mentioned that Jackson and Troy were going to alternate as the host sites for the US and British Open. I've been asked why and don't really have an answer to the question. Does anyone out there remember why we suggested rotating the sites between the two affiliation cities? Is it necessary, or confusing?
Who is going to host the 2008 US Open?
What course are we going to play?
Decision Due Date--Friday, May 30th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
I have no opinion. It makes no difference to me if Troy always hosts the US and Jackson the British.
I think we need to work out tee times soon, because it sounds like we have guys with conflicts. Make sure you mention it if you have any restrictions that day.
I probably will not be at this tournament as it is incredibly close to our due date. Consider me doubtful.
I have a wedding the night before and will probably be working on little sleep. I probably won't drive an hour plus to play, as useless as I was last weekend.
My vote: Blackheath Golf Club; Rochester, MI.
I have a flight out East on Sunday at 4:30pm. (did not know this when we chose the dates awhile back) If it is in Jackson I could play at an early Tee time. If it is in Troy, I'm out b/c the wife won't want to wait areound in Troy for me to get done. However, I'm cool with whatever is decided.
My Vote: Anywhere in jackson with an early tee time like last time at the Masters.
Sorry for the vote Tom.
i thought the idea was:
Masters : rotate b/w akers east, akers west, and groesbeck
US Open : rotate b/w 3 troy courses
British Open : rotate b/w 3 jakson courses
JTA Champ. : rotate b/w 3 neutral courses.
jackson always has the british and troy always has the us open.
i'm good for anywhere we play. i also have a wedding the night before in detroit, the later the better. but i'm up for whatever is decided.
Looks like we should have played today. Next year, Memorial Day barbecue and scramble in Corunna?
Blackheath! Great call, Timmy! Very affordable, nice course, and Johnny got a hole-in-one there. I second that nomination; if not for the U.S. Open, at least for the British.
I also had the impression that Ryan had. Makes it less confusing. If we want to swtich so that Jax has US Open and Troy gets British, that's cool too.
I only ask that i am not the go to man for the US open.
regards,
John
Davis-
Blackheath is a great course...it would be a lot easier if we just kept it at one tourney per city.
Davis-
Are we going to have the requisite 8 to play this tourney?
Like anonymous said, we need to have 8 players to make this an official tournament. It's looking like Black Heath, Troy for the US Open.
Let's here from some more folks please.
In (according to this thread):
TG
RPL
Gilson
J-Win
Davis
Out:
Wilson
Ludwig, because Wilson is his ride
Doubtful:
Bush
here = hear
blackheath tends to get very crowded on the weekends...there are often backups
I am in
wow, informative
WOI is Debbie Downer.
Debbie, are you in?
LEFERE, JUDE
One years worth on the JTA Tour
2008 season is my 2nd year, I would like to put my two cents in & say that I will be competing in the '08 US OPEN. Hopefully my game is on unlike @ the MAsters, and just maybe I can RUIN Davis's chances of a 4-peat this year.
I will show up at any course as long as it is in the state of MI.
-bring ur game WILLY/BUSH ur going to need it ... JTL is in 4 a run
I'm in.
Post a Comment