The following calendar is being submitted for the 2007 JTA season:
Thanks to all that voted!!!
May 6th President’s Cup Hankerd Hills Golf Course
May 20th Masters Forest Akers West Golf Course
June 24th US Open TBA
July 15th British Open TBA
July 29th JTA Championship TBA
August 19th Ryder Cup TBA
Although this decision may be looked at as controversial, the President’s Cup will be played on May 6, 2007 at Hankerd Hills Golf Course (Pleasant Lake, MI). After lengthy conversations with both teams, reality suggests that there is no common date where all 12 qualifying members are available to play. With this in mind, there is a very good possibility that this year’s President Cup will have to be played in a 4 on 4 format. However, all attempts will be made by both teams to have 6 players compete for the coveted Humanitarian Jug.
The next decision we need to make is a motion being filed by Ryan P. Lefere. Ryan has suggested that we choose tournament courses in advance to give individuals time to see the course prior to the tournament. It has also been suggested that all tournaments be played within (or darn close) to the following boundaries:
North of I-94, East of US 127, South of I-69, and West of I-75.
Furthermore, it is my suggestion that every player chooses one course that they desire to host a major championship. We can then put the courses on a rotation and eventually develop some familiarity with the golf courses.
Please SPEAK ON IT in the comments section.
I would like to personally apologize to any JTA member that cannot attend one or more of this year’s tournaments. I promise you that every attempt was made to make this process as fair as possible. No special consideration was given to any individual tour member as the above calendar is a direct result of all the anonymous votes submitted on the poll
(I would like to confess that I voted twice. All yes’s were checked the first time I voted as a way of testing the system. Later, I submitted the dates that I was available to play).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
picking a course is a good idea for familiarity i'd say. Let's everyone get used to a few courses and aren't playing blind
good job bush.
i also think locking in a "number" of courses would be the best. i'm sick of playing courses where i don't know what's around the corner.
r.p.
well done steve. well done.
I just folded the best hand.
obviously the masters will always be forest akers west....
ill put a vote in for links of novi because it is a good midway point
Bush - I hate your fuckin' guts...but damnit, I respect you.
Looks good...I can't wait to see the 'Johnny Pose'.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Booyakasha
I hate all joe pokers who say that.
when are we going to figure out who's going to be able to play? i'd like to start making some wagers.
Post a Comment